Saturday 21 January 2012

A little purse, a little pincushion...

This beautiful little pincushion came attached to a huge kilner jar of pistachios, a Christmas gift from the lovely Mrs Mary Martin. I think it was a Molly Makes design, but as usual, Mary made it impeccably. And the nuts are My Husband's favourites! Today I had a chance to use the pincushion as I came to make up a little purse I had knitted. It was from the Rown Winter Warmers book, but is basically 18 x 28cm of moss st (K1P1) with two rows of knit at the end to make a nice edge to the flap. You add some pretty fabric to line it, slip stitching into place and add a ribbon loop and button. It knitted up quite quickly and I plan to makemight make some more in finer wool (this one is in Rowan Big Wool) and in candy colours.

5 comments:

  1. I'll have one for my birthday please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to make you one but you'll have to let me know who you are first!

      Delete
  2. You really don't need one! But I'll bring the book to craft! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thankyou for popping over to my blog,lovely pin cushion and little bag ,very sweet x

    ReplyDelete